Wintergreen couch is a fine leaf grass that has been on the market for over 20 years. A popular choice due to its deep root system, hardiness and softness to touch.
Wintergreen Couch can provide an economical solution when landscaping your yard.
What you need to know:
- Mid to light green in colour
- Thrive in full sun & some shade
- Fine leaf shape
- Minimal water usage, once established
- Very deep root system
- Does self repair
- Mowing - During the winter months - mow every 3 - 5 weeks (as neccessary). Summer months - mow every 10 - 14 days. Ensure your mower blades are sharp.
- Fertilize - Spring is a good time to fertise your lawn to give it a good chance to 'beef' up and 'green' up before Summer.
- Watering - This all depends on the type of sprinkler you use and the climate. During the Summer months, expect to watering quite regularly (a few times a week), during winter and the colder months once a week should be sufficient.
Why choose Wintergreen Couch?
Medium growth rate
Suitable for domestic and commercial purposes
Very soft underfoot due to it's finer leaf and texture
Most economical grass when turfing large areas
A low maintenance grass that does well in full sunlight when watered regularly.